We took off for New Orleans on July 2nd our anniversary at 3:00 in the morning.
The kids slept most of the way there in between stops to rest.
( Sunrise)
It took us 14 hours total to get to our hotel. When we finally got to Mississippi I tried to yell hi to Liquid but I couldn't yell loud enough. (LOL)! Mississippi is a beautiful state although Jackson is a pain to drive through and you never feel like you are ever going to leave it. Until now I had never been father south than Nashville, TN.
Well we finally got into Louisana on the final stretch and we end up in a storm that was brief.
We finally got to our hotel. The hotel was gorgeous.
We get our stuff in the room and take off to eat supper. We decided to eat at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville.
The food was awesome. Well I'm going to end part one here. I'll have part 2 soon.





5 comments:
Looks WONDERFUL!!! I also can't wait for hubby's summer vacation for a week next week. Dunno yet if we're going someplace far. We'll see he he he...
You didn't see Liquid going through Mississippi, did you? She's been MIA for the past two weeks.
And if you are ever in my neck of the woods, you will have to stop at the Skyway drive in. It has the original "cheeseburger in paradise."
great great holidays!!
Hey Amel,
I have missed you my dear friend.
Well If you do go I'll be waiting to read about it.
Hey Cliff,
I'll try to visit more often. I really wish I could have met liquid while I was that way.
Hey Trinity,
Miss talking to you.
Awwww goodness, these are great photographs that show one of my favourite parts of a vacation.... the journey there. I love the photo of your little'un asleep in the back of the car.... so cute.
I also love the photos of you all at the Mississippi welcome sign! A truly wonderful family!
I also love the fact you have captured some scenes from the road too, and the roadsigns. I makes me feel like I am sat in the car with you!
I am glad you had a lovely time and look forward to seeing more of your great pics!
big hugs ~ Graham x
Post a Comment